Updated: July 15, 2020
While our Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of eighteen, we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). We recommend that parents discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of Personal Information (as defined below) to anyone they don’t know.
If you are from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your personal data will comply with the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a
website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”).
We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
As part of the Usage Information, we also collect data regarding the device you’re using on the Site, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. This information enables us to troubleshoot in the event that aspects of the Site break or malfunction. Whether we decide to collect this information, if any, often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about the information your device makes available to us, please read the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
- To identify you when you sign into your account;
- To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
- To process payments for purchases through the Site;
- To respond to your inquiries and comments, as well as to contact you about changes to the
Site and/or the Services;
- To notify you about technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and other
- To send you notices (for example, in the form of emails, mailings, and the like) regarding
products or services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
- To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
- To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and
- To allow you to share information about the Service, but specifically excluding proprietary
content, through third-party social media platforms;
- To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content
and Site and the Service;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud,
situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
- To perform accounting and administrative tasks;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you
KEM reserves the right to retain and use any photograph, audio, video, or other media submitted by you on the Site. We also reserve the right to use your feedback and reviews published on the Site. Our use of such material is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information. We further reserve the right to monitor, edit, and/or restrict any messages, photographs, or media that are posted on the Site.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT SET UP, BUYING & SELLING SERVICES:
In order to use the Services, you need to provide us with Personal Information. You may review, change, or remove the Personal Information from your account settings, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to provide this information to enable us to provide you with the Services provided by the Site. KEM may contact you confidentially in the event we may need additional information from you in order for us to provide a particular service such as processing requested Services or setting up your Account on the Site.
5. EDIT/REVIEW/TRANSFER/ACCESSIBILITY AND DEACTIVATION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
KEM allows you to review, update, and edit your Personal Information after your initial registration to the Site. If you request to access the information or to receive a copy of the information that has been collected on the Site, it will usually take us at least 30 days to comply with such request. KEM, upon request, may also transfer the information you provided to us to another organization of your choosing, if that transfer is technically feasible. Please email@example.com for these specific requests.
6. EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
We recognize, and will comply with, certain data protection laws in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Production Regulation (“GDPR”). Users who are located in the EU have the following rights, including:
- Right of Access. You have the right to request from KEM: a “data controller” as defined under the GDPR, the Personal Information we gather about you including information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information. You further have the right to transmit this information to another third party.
- Right of Correction. You may have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in certain of your personal data in our custody and control, subject to certain limitations as provided by law. You may request to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in personal data we have in our custody or control by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity in order to request certain information records.
- Right of Erasure. You have the right to request that your personal information be erased from our possession (subject to certain limitations under the applicable law). If we are required to comply with your request, upon deletion of your information you may be prevented from using our Services on the website.
- Right to Object and Complain. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to object to how and why your Personal Information is used and processed. You further have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory about our handling of your personal information.
- Right to Restrict Processing. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Information is used and processed.
If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
8. YOUR CHOICES
If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email. You may also object to the use of your Personal Information or limit the way that the information is utilized. Please note that while you have the right to object to the use and/or the degree of how your information is used, that request may severely limit the Service that is provided by this Site.
10. IMPORTANT NOTICE TO USERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS/COMPLAINTS
14. HOW TO CONTACT US